Maca & Cocoa Energy Balls are perfect before your workout to raise your energy level and enhance your performance. Exactly like your usual energy bar with the difference that the sugars they contains are all natural and they are chemicals and food preservatives free. These lovely little balls contain a good portion of Maca, perfect to help you get throughout your day and increase your concentration level.
Maca & Cocoa Balls are very healthy for you if eaten responsibly, as they are high in natural sugars and fats, you shouldn’t exceed the recommended dose of 3-4 a day.
They are super-yummy and easy to make.
So let’s get started…
Makes about 18 to 20
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Medjool Dates (about 8 to 10)
- 1/4 cup Maca powder
- 2 tablespoons Organic Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup shredded Coconut (plus more for rolling)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar (optional)
You will need a blender.
This recipe it is so easy you won’t even believe. You will be done in just three simple steps:
- MIX IT! Mix all the ingredients together into a blender.
- SMASH IT! Keep blending all the ingredients until the Medjool dates are uniformly mixed and the compost is an even dark brown mixture.
- ROLL IT! Start rolling the mixture into balls of roughly 2 cm diameter and roll the ball into the coconut flakes to finish.
They are now ready to be eaten!
Let me know what you think about this recipe in the section down below.