Does the gloomy weather make you miss the hot days in the sun?
Here is a spicy and tasty dish, to bring the heat into your table (and your belly!).
– 2 sweet potatoes, diced with skin on
– 1 Coconut Oil
– A pinch of cayenne pepper
– A pinch of ground cumin
– 100g chorizo, diced
– 2 red peppers, skinned and cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 180C. While the oven is heating up, dice the sweet potato leaving the skin on.
- Add the coconut oil to the oven tray and melt (place in the oven or hover over the cookers hob, make sure to wear a oven glove to reduce any risk of burns).
- Sprinkle the Cumming and Cayenne into the melted oil and mix thoroughly. Add the sweet potatoes and cover with the oily mix.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While the potatoes are cooking, focus on the Chorizo. Cut the sausage into slices and add to a frying pan. (I prefer cutting each slice into quarters so the strong taste is equally spread)
- Cook the Chorizo on the hob at a medium heat.
- This is now a good time to check on and turn your sweet potato.
- Slice your peppers and add to the frying pan.
- When everything is cooked correctly, mix all the together and serve.